Sunday, July 2, 2023

My Week with the BTUSFMS Northern Tier Team Begins!

Saturday, July 1. Harrisburg, PA to Minneapolis, MN.
After my uncle's funeral, I headed from Harrisburg to BWI to catch my 7pm flight to Minneapolis.  I really felt sad leaving my dad, sister, and all of my extended family.  The drive to BWI was solemn and I felt so emotionally drained. Saying goodbye to my Uncle Mike has been really hard.

Once at BWI, my flight was delayed 30 min, which was good because hauling my big bike box and rolling duffel from the economy lot onto the shuttle bus to check-in was quite the effort. I had to repack my bags a bit to avoid an extra $100 surcharge, but it all worked out. The flight was mildly rough from storms in DC, but I safely arrived in Minneapolis around 9pm local time.  One of the route leaders and team mechanic (and friend of mine!), Jeremy, graciously picked me up and even brought Taco Bell!  We enjoyed pre-July 4th fireworks displays along the way up to Dalbo where the group was staying in a cool bike hostel, called the Adventure Bicycle Bunkhouse.  We arrived shortly before midnight and I quickly and quietly found the nearest cot to go to sleep on.

Thanks for following along!

If you'd like to make a donation to Bike the US for the MS, you can do so here:
https://ride.biketheusforms.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=1436

No comments:

Post a Comment